Business & Finance
Polenergia S.A. (‘Polenergia’), the largest Polish private and vertically integrated energy group, signed an agreement with Equinor (former Statoil) enabling the joint implementation of offshore wind farm projects in the Baltic Sea with the planned capacity of 1,200 MW.
Business & Finance
- PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna is interested in purchasing all of the shares of WSE-listed energy group Polenergia.
- The acquisition of this vertically integrated enterprise is aligned with PGE Group’s business strategy as it presents an opportunity for development and growth in all of its operating segments.
- Polenergia generates electricity, including from renewable energy sources, produces heat in an ecological cogeneration process based on gas fuel as well as distributes and trades electricity.
- The acquisition of Polenergia’s assets would lead to a reduction in PGE Group’s average emissions, mainly due to expansion of its wind capacity portfolio.
- Polenergia’s on-going development projects complement the activities already being undertaken by PGE Group. These include electromobility, energy storage and photovoltaics.
Business & Finance
Enters agreement for sale of 81 MW in El Arrayán Wind project to Arroyo Energy Investors
Project Development & Execution
Energy Minister Paul Wheelhouse today (Thursday 24th May) visited Natural Power’s global headquarters, ‘The Green House’ in Dumfries and Galloway, to mark the official launch of the new over £540,000 ControlCentre, and to mark the opening of Fred Olsen Renewables’ Brockloch Rig Wind Farm, which is t
- 25-year turbine lifetime
- Full service agreement over entire lifetime with cutting edge remote diagnostics included
- Minimized environmental impact during installation and operation
Aberdeen based engineering firm, Nucore Group, is successfully broadening its focus within the energy industry – most notably in offshore wind - as it confirms a number of successful projects and contract awards within the sector.
In order to achieve the Paris agreement's climate and energy goals efficiently and with limited costs, both international cooperation and innovation are necessary. This was the key message from the North Sea Wind Power Hub Consortium as the consortium today, 24 May 2018, was given the opportunity to present its vision at the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM).
On May 23, 2018 it was announced that Vineyard Wind’s proposed 800 megawatt (MW) offshore wind farm located 15 miles south of Martha’s Vineyard will advance as the winner of the Massachusetts tender for offshore wind energy projects.
- Senvion's contracted capacity exceeds 120 MW in Argentina
- 24 MW project
- Kosten highlights rapid growth in South America
Texo Drone Survey and Inspection Limited has announced that it has become an industrial partner of HOME Offshore (Holistic Operation and Maintenance for Energy from Offshore Wind Farms).
- Plant construction and specialized machinery installation has required an investment of 60 million euros.
- It will have a manufacturing capacity of approximately 300 sections of offshore towers per year of 50 m long and up to 8.6 m in diameter, and 100,000 tons of offshore foundations up to 10.5 m in diameter, which due to their dimensions require the factory to be located in port.
- Its activity will generate between 250 and 300 new direct jobs.
- The company was created with the aim of becoming the next global supplier to the wind energy sector, allowing progress to be made in the creation of a thriving Basque wind energy industry, and in parallel, the Port of Bilbao consolidates its position as a port specialized in heavy load projects.
SeaTwirl has signed a Letter of Intent with specialist companies within offshore and solar power with the aim of together offer select niche markets with electricity from floating wind and solar power. For SeaTwirl, this is an exciting opportunity for a quicker path to revenues.