- Largest wind turbine generator ever manufactured in India with rotor diameter of 128 meters
- S128 wind turbine generator (WTG) is available in 2.6 MW to 2.8 MW variants and offers hub heights up to 140 meters
- Country’s largest single rotor blade measuring 63 meters
- Will offer reduced levelised cost of energy (LCoE)
Suzlon Installs and Commissions S128; India's largest Wind Turbine Generator
Suzlon Energy Limited. Press release - Suzlon Installs and Commissions S128; India's largest Wind Turbine Generator. URL: http://www.suzlon.com/pressrelease/pressrelease_detail/377. [Date Accessed: 13/03/2018].
Suzlon Energy Limited. Photo Gallery. http://www.suzlon.com/mediaroom/gallery. [Date Accessed: 31/01/2018].
- Project located in the Taiwan Strait recently received grid allocation from the Taiwanese government
- wpd and Siemens Gamesa signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for exclusive negotiations on the delivery of the SG 8.0-167 DD, together with a 15-year, long-term service agreement
- Construction to start in 2019; installation and commissioning aimed from 2020 onwards
- 20 SWT-6.0-154 Direct Drive wind turbines to be supplied at Formosa 1 Phase 2
- 15-year full service agreement included, Installation of the turbines to start in 2019
- Ongoing localization in the framework of MoUs with local partners
- It marks the largest-ever offshore project in the history of Siemens Gamesa, the world leader in the segment
- The company will install its SG 8.0-167 DD turbines with power boost functionality at the Hornsea Project Two offshore facility located 89 km off the east coast of England