- These four developments are part of the renewable capacity auctioned off in May 2017
- In all, the company will install 48 of one of its best-selling models, the SG 3.4-132, which will be manufactured primarily at its factories in Ágreda (Soria, Spain), Aoiz (Navarre, Spain) and Tangier (Morocco)
- The company will also maintain these four wind farms for three years
- Siemens Gamesa is the leading OEM in Spain, having installed nearly 55% of the country's total installed base
Siemens Gamesa to supply 166 MW at four new wind farms to be developed by Gas Natural Fenosa Renovables in Spain
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) has entered into new agreements1 with Gas Natural Fenosa Renovables for the supply of 166 MW at four wind farm developments in Spain. These projects fall under the scope of the renewable capacity allocated to the Spanish utility as part of the auction held last May.
Specifically, Siemens Gamesa will commission a total of 48 of one of its most popular turbines, the SG 3.4-132, thus installing 166 MW of capacity. The company will also operate and maintain these four wind farms, which are due to be commissioned in mid-2019, for three years.
The blades for these turbines will be made at the Aoiz factory (Navarre, Spain) and the Tangier factory (Morocco), while the nacelles will be produced at the Ágreda facility (Soria, Spain).
Siemens Gamesa's relationship with Gas Natural Fenosa dates back to 1997, since which time the company has supplied the Spanish utility with more than 670 MW, most of which in Spain and Mexico.
Siemens Gamesa, Spain's leading OEM
These new orders reinforce the company's leadership position in Spain, where Siemens Gamesa is the number-one OEM, having installed nearly 55% of the country's total installed base, which is equivalent to over 12,500 turbines nationwide. In addition, the company services over 7,500 MW, which is roughly one-third of Spain's installed fleet.
Spain is also home to the company's main R&D centre as well as one of its global production and supply hubs, with 15 factories.
1Contracts were signed during the January-March 2018 quarter
Gamesa Corporación Tecnológica, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa to supply 166 MW at four new wind farms to be developed by Gas Natural Fenosa Renovables in Spain. URL: http://www.siemensgamesa.com/es/cargarAplicacionNoticia.do?idCategoria=60&identi.... [Date Accessed: 16/04/2018].
Gamesa Corporación Technológica, S.A. Images. http://www.gamesacorp.com/en/communication/images/. [Date Accessed: 29/01/2017].
Bremen-based project developer takes important step to secure its project pipeline
- Siemens Gamesa to supply 98 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines
- Blades and nacelles and hubs to come from Fort Madison, Iowa, and Hutchinson, Kansas, facilities, respectively
- The wind farm will be equipped with 29 of the company's SG 3.4-132 turbines
- The company has been awarded an EPC contract for the entire project, which will encompass a wind farm with 56 turbines and a 20 MW / 34 MWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery
- The Dam Nai wind farm will be equipped with 15 SG 2.6-114 turbines, with total capacity of 39 MW