- The company will supply 21 SG 4.5-145 wind turbines, operating at a flexible rating of 4.8 MW, as well as provide three and a half years of service and maintenance.
- Siemens Gamesa expands SG 4.5-145 footprint in the region, having sold close to 1.4 GW of this turbine model in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Siemens Gamesa reinforces its partnership with MidAmerican with 95 MW Southern Hills Expansion project in the U.S.
This turbine model, a benchmark solution for sites with medium winds, has been designed to offer a flexible rating ranging from 4.2 to 4.8 MW, increasing its adaptability to be configured for optimal performance in each individual project, achieving maximum returns.
“We are once again proud to have been awarded a project by MidAmerican Energy Company, strengthening our long-standing relationship with them,” stated José Antonio Miranda, CEO of Onshore Americas at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy. “We have had great success with the SG 4.5-145 wind turbine, with over 1.4 GW sold in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, and are excited to continue growing that number.”
Siemens Gamesa has installed over 10,000 wind turbines in the U.S. totalling about 20 GW of installed capacity. In Iowa, Siemens Gamesa has installed nearly 1,400 wind turbines for a total of almost 3.5 GW. Of that, 1,164 units for a total capacity of nearly 3 GW are with MidAmerican Energy Company, highlighting the strong collaboration of both companies.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa reinforces its partnership with MidAmerican with 95 MW Southern Hills Expansion project in the U.S.. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2019/08/190828-siemens-gamesa-sout.... [Date Accessed: 28/08/2019].
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020
- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Swancor to supply resin for Formosa 1 Phase 2 blades
- Collaboration between CS Wind and Chin Fong Machine Industrial to supply 100% localized towers required for wpd’s Yunlin project in 2021
- SGRE prepared to fulfil future local content requirements