- It is the ninth time that Siemens Gamesa is part of this index, and for the third year in a row
- Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company in the category Machinery and electrical equipment
Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World
Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company included within the machinery and electrical equipment category (IEQ), which comprises a total of 116 companies from all over the world.
Moreover, Siemens Gamesa scored particularly well in the areas of Corporate Governance, codes of business conduct, Corporate citizenship & philanthropy, Supply chain management, Operational Eco-efficiency and Product stewardship. These results definitely place Siemens Gamesa as a reputed global sustainability leader in the eyes of stakeholders, financial analysts and the public at large.
Following this last rebalancing exercise corresponding to 2018, the DJSI World is made up of 317 companies.
Created in 1999, the index selects and tracks the performance of world-leading companies in the sustainability field. Managed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and RobecoSAM, in 2018 the invited universe consisted of the 2,500 largest-cap companies comprising the S&P Global BMI (broad market index); ultimately a little over 10% of the assessed universe with the most sustainable economic, social and environmental policies and initiatives was selected. The index in turn allows investors to invest in superior business models that are likely to remain attractive for the long haul. On the other hand, this process offers to companies’ insights highlighting opportunities and risks deriving from economic, environmental and social trends and developments that may have an impact on their competitive position.
Siemens Gamesa is a member of other globally reputed sustainability indexes such as FTSE4Good, Ethibel Sustainability Index or Global Challenges Index, among others.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2018/09/20180913-index-dow-jones-s.... [Date Accessed: 01/10/2018].
Business & Finance
- EBIT margin(1) at 7.6% with a sound balance sheet, returning to a net cash position of €615 million
- Strong performance in Q4: revenue growth to €2,619 million (+12% YoY) and EBIT margin(1) at 8.2%
- Peak backlog of €22.8 billion (+10% YoY), boosted by stable order intake of €11.8 billion (+9% YoY), securing future growth
- Ready for the next phase of the company program L3AD2020, after achieving productivity improvements of €800 million, including €175 million in synergies
- Guidance set for FY 2019: revenues of €10-11 billion, EBIT margin(1) of 7-8.5% and on track to meet FY 2020 targets based on financial framework launched at CMD
- SGRE will supply, erect and commission 48 units of SG 2.1-122 and 38 units of SG 2.0-114 wind turbines
Health, Safety & Environment
- Siemens Gamesa launches a company-wide employee-driven social action initiative to bring positive change to the communities in which it operates
- Eight projects in seven different countries were chosen for 2018/19
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement