- It is the ninth time that Siemens Gamesa is part of this index, and for the third year in a row
- Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company in the category Machinery and electrical equipment
Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World
Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company included within the machinery and electrical equipment category (IEQ), which comprises a total of 116 companies from all over the world.
Moreover, Siemens Gamesa scored particularly well in the areas of Corporate Governance, codes of business conduct, Corporate citizenship & philanthropy, Supply chain management, Operational Eco-efficiency and Product stewardship. These results definitely place Siemens Gamesa as a reputed global sustainability leader in the eyes of stakeholders, financial analysts and the public at large.
Following this last rebalancing exercise corresponding to 2018, the DJSI World is made up of 317 companies.
Created in 1999, the index selects and tracks the performance of world-leading companies in the sustainability field. Managed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and RobecoSAM, in 2018 the invited universe consisted of the 2,500 largest-cap companies comprising the S&P Global BMI (broad market index); ultimately a little over 10% of the assessed universe with the most sustainable economic, social and environmental policies and initiatives was selected. The index in turn allows investors to invest in superior business models that are likely to remain attractive for the long haul. On the other hand, this process offers to companies’ insights highlighting opportunities and risks deriving from economic, environmental and social trends and developments that may have an impact on their competitive position.
Siemens Gamesa is a member of other globally reputed sustainability indexes such as FTSE4Good, Ethibel Sustainability Index or Global Challenges Index, among others.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2018/09/20180913-index-dow-jones-s.... [Date Accessed: 13/09/2018].
- 56 units of the SWT-DD-130 direct-drive wind turbine on a 155 meter hub height tower
- 25 years long term service contract
- Överturingen wind park with turbine tip height of 220 meters
- Siemens Gamesa will supply two wind farms with a combined capacity of 250 MW
- Installation of 109 units of wind turbines will commence in 2018 with completion scheduled for 2020
- The company will supply 22 SWT-3.4-108 for two wind farms in Hokkaido