- It is the ninth time that Siemens Gamesa is part of this index, and for the third year in a row
- Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company in the category Machinery and electrical equipment
Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World
Siemens Gamesa is the only Spanish company included within the machinery and electrical equipment category (IEQ), which comprises a total of 116 companies from all over the world.
Moreover, Siemens Gamesa scored particularly well in the areas of Corporate Governance, codes of business conduct, Corporate citizenship & philanthropy, Supply chain management, Operational Eco-efficiency and Product stewardship. These results definitely place Siemens Gamesa as a reputed global sustainability leader in the eyes of stakeholders, financial analysts and the public at large.
Following this last rebalancing exercise corresponding to 2018, the DJSI World is made up of 317 companies.
Created in 1999, the index selects and tracks the performance of world-leading companies in the sustainability field. Managed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and RobecoSAM, in 2018 the invited universe consisted of the 2,500 largest-cap companies comprising the S&P Global BMI (broad market index); ultimately a little over 10% of the assessed universe with the most sustainable economic, social and environmental policies and initiatives was selected. The index in turn allows investors to invest in superior business models that are likely to remain attractive for the long haul. On the other hand, this process offers to companies’ insights highlighting opportunities and risks deriving from economic, environmental and social trends and developments that may have an impact on their competitive position.
Siemens Gamesa is a member of other globally reputed sustainability indexes such as FTSE4Good, Ethibel Sustainability Index or Global Challenges Index, among others.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa, once again confirmed member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2018/09/20180913-index-dow-jones-s.... [Date Accessed: 01/10/2018].
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020
- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Swancor to supply resin for Formosa 1 Phase 2 blades
- Collaboration between CS Wind and Chin Fong Machine Industrial to supply 100% localized towers required for wpd’s Yunlin project in 2021
- SGRE prepared to fulfil future local content requirements